Do - It - Yourself (DIY)
DIY is a concept practiced more in the western countries and is now catching up in India too. There are several benefits of adopting a Do-It-Yourself attitude in various walks of day-to-day activities.
• You get to personally put together an item, product or even a delicious dish.
• Using technology, you could fine tune your PC or maybe extract more juice out of it.
• The cost of doing it yourself is typically much lower than if you had bought the same item (of best quality) from the market. Of course assuming that you do not take too many attempts to DIY and waste time & resources.
• The confidence of creating something yourself is incomparable.
• Future maintenance (of home made products) is easier when you DIY.
The scope of introducing DIY concept for items in your home and daily life is truly mind boggling. However our intention is not to cover all and every item we come across but choose certain items under specified categories (see side-bar menu) which could be useful to Mandayam community folks, in particular to those living in geographical locations spread far and wide across the globe.
As we start this section, we intend to introduce items in each selected category in a phased manner. We invite community folks to suggest important DIY items along with detailed method of actually doing it. We will be glad to get it reviewed by experts and upload items that benefit the community. Send your suggestions to info AT mandayamsabha DOT in.
© 2009 The Mandayam Srivaishnava Sabha ( R )
# 198, Sri Yadugiri Yathiraja Mutt Building, 11th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleswaram, Bangalore 560003.